Artists announced for the 2018 SPA in Fine Art and the Richard Coward SPA in Photography
SPA in Fine Art
Joyce Gunn Cairns
Kenneth Blues Wilson
Richard Coward SPA in Photography
Lucas Chih-Peng Kao
Mary Anne Gillespie
Tommy Ga-Ken Wan
2018 Scottish Portrait Awards Exhibitions
- Saturday 3 November to Saturday 1 December 2018 at the Scottish Arts Club, Edinburgh
- Monday 21 January to Saturday 9 February 2019 in the Mackintosh Gallery at Glasgow Art Club,
- Featuring the works of at least 60 finalists 30 works from the SPA Fine Art competition and 30 works from the Richard Coward SPA in Photograph.
- The Scottish Portrait Award for Fine Art is for portraits in any 2D or 3D medium - all painting formats, all sculpture formats, collage, printmaking, weaving, photography, digital art or anything else - we are seeking diversity as well as powerful art. The only limit is on the size of the work. Please read The Rules.
- SPA Fine Art first prize £5000
- SPA Fine Art second prize £1000
- SPA Fine Art commendation
- SPA Young Fine Artist prize £500 - for SPA fine art entrants aged 16 to 25 years.
- The Richard Coward Scottish Portrait Award in Photography a special award for black and white photography only .
- Richard Coward SPA in Photography first prize £2000
- SPA in Photography - two commendations
- SPA Young Photographer prize £500 - for SPA photography entrants aged 16 to 25 years.
Winners and commendations from the 2017 Scottish Portrait Awards
Cover photo credit: Stephanie Rew, Jessica (detail)